Program Title #3
Private Security Officer (Armed) & School Security Officer & OSHA 10
122 hour Security Officer (Armed) & School Security Officer Certification Training
Overview of Training:
- Program Objective:
- Professional License
- Prepare students for employment.
- Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to perform the duties of a Private Security Officer Armed & School Security Officer. BSIS identifies 32 hours of training to take place in the first year of receiving the California Security Guard Card (8 hours of training); this program meets that requirement and the student will have an additional 72 hours of training resulting in six certifications in addition to the Guard Card: School Security Officer, Baton, Firearms, Chemical Agent, and First Aid CPR AED Certification and and Emergency Response HazMat certificate.
- Additional requirement to receive the state security guard card—fingerprint and background check clearance.
- Components of Instruction:
- 40 hour training (noted above in Program #1)
- 72 additional hours of that includes:
- Firearms - 16 hours
- Baton - 8 hours
- Report Writing - 4 hrs
- Chemical Agent - 4 hours
- Use of Force - 4 hours
- Weaponless Defense - 4 hrs.
- First Aid CPR AED - 8 hours
- SB1626 - 24 hours
- Emergency Response HazMat - 4 hours (Officer Safety)
- Method of Instruction:
- Written tests/Quizzes; Observation of student performance
and interaction; Completion of assignments; Lecture;
Class discussion; Demonstration; Role Play; Cooperative
learning in small groups; video/DVD, Hands-on with
equipment and hands-on practical application training.
- Total Clock Hours: 122hrs
- Final Exam & Graduation Requirements:
- 100% Score on State of California Powers to Arrest and
Weapons of Mass Destruction tests; 85% Score on the
Baton & Firearms Tests. Completion of all clock hours;
competency in all curriculum topics.
- Internship or Externship: