Program Title #1
Private Security Officer (Unarmed)
40 Hour Private Security Officer Training
Overview of Training:
- Program Objective:
- Professional License
- Prepare students for employment.
- BSIS identifies 40 hours of mandated training in the first year of receiving a California Security Guard Card; this program meets that requirement. Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to perform the duties of an Unarmed Private Security Officer. (Business Professions Code Section 7581, 7583.6, 7683.7)
- Components of Instruction:
- Additional requirement to receive the state security guard card—fingerprint and background check clearance.
- Powers to Arrest - 4 hours
- Weapons of Mass Destruction & Terrorism Awareness - 4 hours
- Communications & Its Significance - 4 hours
- Public Relations - 4 hours
- Observation & Documentation – 4 hours
- Trespass – 4 Hours
- Liability/Legal Aspects – 4 hours
- Arrest, Search & Seizure – 4 hrs
- Crowd Control – 4 hrs
- Parking/Traffic Control – 2 hrs
- Radio Procedures – 2 hrs
- Method of Instruction:
- Written tests/Quizzes; Observation of student
performance and interaction; Completion of assignments.
Lecture; Class discussion; Demonstration; Role Play;
Cooperative learning in small groups; video/DVD
- Total Clock Hours: 40hrs
- Final Exam & Graduation Requirements:
- 100% Score on State of California Powers to Arrest and
Weapons of Mass Destruction tests; completion of Clock
Hours; competency in all curriculum topics.
- Internship or Externship