1. What are the requirements for registering as a security Guard?
Be at least 18 years old
Complete a 40-hour course of required training by BSIS
Undergo a criminal history background check through the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of investigation (FBI)
2. When does my Security Guard registration expire?
A security guard registration is valid for two (2) years and expire the day after the expiration date and the card. You have 60 days grace period in which you can pay a delinquent fee (see fee schedule) After 60 day if you have not renewed, you must reply as new applicant.
3. Can a Security Guard work for more than one employer?
Yes as long as he/she is an employee, on payroll with the proper payroll deductions being made.
4. If denied a Security Guard registration. When can reply?
You may submit a new application one year from the date of denial.
5. What are the requirements for obtaining a Firearms Permit?
Take a 14-hour course (8 hours classroom , 6 hours range) in the carrying and of firearms.
Pass the written and range exam given at the end of the course.
Submit an application with appropriate fees.
Be a United State citizen or have permanent legal alien status
Undergo a criminal history review
6. When does a Firearms Permit expire? Is there any grace period?
A Firearms Permit on the date of expiration and there is no grace period. If you do not apply for renewal
Before the date of expire, you must re-qualify and start over as a new applicant.
7. What is require for renewal of a Firearms Permit?
Firearm permit expire two years from the date of issuance. An applicant must re qualify four times during the life of the permit: twice during the first year after the date of issuance, and twice during the second year.Prequalification must be at least (four months apart).