Program Title #2
Private Security Officer (Armed)
44 Hour Customized Certification Security Officer Training
Overview of Training:
- Program Objective:
- Professional License
- Prepare students for employment.
- Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to perform the duties of a Private Security Officer (Armed); and the student will have four certifications in addition to the Guard Card: Baton, Firearms, Chemical Agent, and First Aid CPR AED.
- Additional requirement to receive the state security guard card—fingerprint and background check clearance.
- Components of Instruction:
- Powers to Arrest - 4 hours
- Weapons of Mass Destruction & Terrorism Awareness - 4 hours
- Firearms Training - 16 hours
- Chemical Agents - 2 hours
- Baton Training - 8 hours
- First Aid CPR AED - 8 hours
- Method of Instruction:
- Written tests/Quizzes; Observation of student performance
and interaction; Completion of assignments; Lecture; Class
discussion; Demonstration; Role Play; Cooperative
learning in small groups; video/DVD, Hands- on with
equipment and hands-on practical application training.
- Total Clock Hours: 44hrs
- Final Exam & Graduation Requirements:
- 100% Score on State of California Powers to Arrest and
Weapons of Mass Destruction tests; 85% Score on the
Baton & Firearms Tests. Completion of all clock hours;
competency in all curriculum topics.
- Internship or Externship